It’s National Apprenticeship week #NAW2018 #Apprenticeships #ITApprenticeship #Essex
Considering hiring an apprentice? Here are 5 reasons why you should!
More and more employers today are waking up to the benefits of apprenticeships. This can either be employing a new member of staff as an apprentice or encouraging an existing employee to further their career by taking an apprenticeship. An apprenticeship allows an individual to study for a work-based qualification that can significantly improve their future earning power and career enjoyment. But it also provides many benefits for the employer.
Here are five key benefits of apprenticeships:
- Apprenticeships provide skilled workers for the future. Training helps employees to improve their skills, which will benefit the company in the long term. It will also ensure that the skills developed are matched to the company’s future needs. This will help fill any skills gaps and allow the business to source future managers and leaders from within.
- Apprenticeships increase staff loyalty and retention. Employees who have been trained in-house tend to be highly motivated, committed to the company and supportive of its business objectives. An apprenticeship encourages employees to think of their job as a career and to stay with the company for longer, which reduces recruitment costs. Offering an apprenticeship to an existing member of staff shows that you see them as an integral part of the workforce and are happy to invest in their future.
- Apprenticeships increase a company’s bottom line, investing in staff trained through apprenticeships has a positive effect on a company’s finances, making it more competitive
- Apprenticeships free up existing staff time. As a business grows, staff often find their time is taken up by smaller tasks when they should be concentrating on their key areas of work. Delegating these basic jobs to an apprentice allows them to learn and take responsibility, while freeing up the time of your more experienced staff. Better allocation of work should make your business more productive.
- Apprentices can revitalise a company. Apprentices often bring a fresh approach and a positive attitude into the workplace, which can have a knock-on effect on existing staff. By embarking on an apprenticeship, they are showing themselves to be willing to learn and can bring new ideas into the company. As apprentices come from a range of backgrounds – including high-calibre candidates who do not want the costs of going to university – they can bring fresh insight into your business activities.
92% of employers say an apprentice has led to a more motivated workforce
Did you know……
…… ITEC is a not-for-profit training provider with over 30 years experience so we can guarantee it is always about the people!
……. Apprenticeships at ITEC include IT professional qualifications
……. Cyber-security Technologist is now available as an apprenticeship
……. ITEC has launched the new Business Admin Apprenticeship Standard
Finally, a company that is willing to invest in people by supporting apprenticeships is showing a positive approach to Corporate Social Responsibility, which is good for attracting both customers and future high-quality staff.
National Apprenticeship Service data has shown that 81% of consumers favour using a company that takes on apprentices.
If you would like to know more about apprenticeships and how they can help your business call ITEC and speak to our designated apprenticeship team on 01268 286929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org